Are you looking for the best home theater system for your home? If yes, then you are in the right place. Today, we’ll suggest you top 10 best home theater system in India that is guaranteed to give you a crisp and clear sound, great bass and a theater-like experience in your home.
If you are not sure as to what features to look in a home theater system then you might want to read the buying guide first.
Sony BDV-N9200W is a premium and the best home theater system in India with NFC/Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connectivity options and wireless speakers.
To make your life easier it has a mobile application that is available on the Appstore and play store, the SongPal Application that provides ease of operation to the users. This feature has made the product even more user-friendly.
Sony has explicitly designed BDV-N9200W to enhance the sound quality of the system. The high-resolution audio transforms the analog sound into digital sound, which contains a modified and a precise frequency rate. This is what helps it to enhance the audio quality at the user end.
Sony has not only taken care of the product quality but also the design. It has a beautiful colorful display of lights which adds much more to the beauty of the product. It creates a charming and unique surrounding effect with the lighting feature installed in it.
- The audio output is 5.1 surround sound and the speakers have 1200W of power which produces high-resolution audio. The subwoofer makes sure that a good balance is maintained between the bass and treble.
- It has a built-in Wi-Fi feature which also includes a web browser that makes it user-friendly. You can use it to access the internet for playing music.
- You can operate Sony BDV-N9200W using a remote control or you can connect it to the Bluetooth of your mobile phone.
- It only consumes 0.5W power in standby mode and 1.7W power in network standby mode. Suppose you don’t change any power settings then the standby mode is automatically activated after 20 minutes. This feature makes it an energy-saving home theater system.
- If you are a football fan and can’t afford to go to Europe to watch your favorite football team’s match then don’t worry Sony has a virtual football mode that makes users feel like they are sitting inside the stadium and are watching the match.
If you are looking for the best home theater system in India under Rs.20000 then Sony DAV-DZ350 is the best option for you. The 5.1 channel sound system adds deeper bass to music or videos. With the HDMI port, you can connect it to your TV or laptop and enjoy movies or blast some rocking music on your TV.
It comes with a 5.1 soundbar channel system and a 1000W RMS which enhances the quality of sound as well as allows the users to sing along with the speakers.
Sony DZ350 has a unique monolithic stylish quartz design which enhances the beauty of the surround sound system as you can see from the image. With the Dolby atmos Pro Logic concept it extracts the sound from the TV and projects the best sound effects throughout the room.
This makes sure that there are no ups and downs in the sound and creates a homogenous effect in the entire room.
- It is equipped with 5 satellite speakers & a sub-woofer ( 1000 W output sound) through which you can witness the vibrant sound and low-frequency effects.
- The Karaoke feature lets the user sing any song with the help of a mic. All you have to do is connect DZ350 to your TV, insert the Karaoke DVD, and then you can start singing the words on the screen. It has 2 mics so that you and your friend can team up and sing along.
- Not all home theater systems have smart connectivity via Bluetooth but this not the case with DZ350 HTS. It integrates multiple smart devices using the Bluetooth feature.
- You can connect a USB driver or any external hard drive to it and once the device is connected you can blast some lit music on it.
If you are very tight on budget but also don’t want to compromise on the sound quality of the home theater system then Sony DAV-TZ145 is the product you should purchase straight away.
It is a 5.1 channel speaker that is packed with 360W RMS speakers and a subwoofer with the output of 60W that produces the highest-quality audio. The subwoofer enhances the bass.
The digital amplifier accepts digital signals directly without converting it into the analog mode. This results in genuine sound quality. Because of the low power usage the heat produced is also very low.
It uses Dolby Pro Logic & Dolby digital technologies to enhance audio quality. This feature is especially suitable when you are watching movies and want that theatre-like experience.
- It has various connectivity options such as HDMI output, USB port, composite video output. You can connect your mobile or laptop to the home theater.
- Sony TZ145 is 12.79 x 16.9 x 1.96 inches in dimension and weighs around 8 Kg. This shows it is very compact and can easily fit in a small space.
- S-Master Digital Amplifier is Sony’s in-house amplifier which helps to amplify the sound produced by the speakers. It also has the Audio+ feature which makes sure your ears receive clear sound and a heart-pumping bass.
- If you have a Sony TV Then it will be much easier for you to connect and sync the speakers with the TV and enjoy them all the time.
Yamaha 1840 5.1 home theatre system is another versatile home theatre with a lot of features. The speakers have been designed to ensure that the audience receives the highest-quality sound all around the room.
The AV receiver ensures that the action movies with loud and dynamic soundtracks are heard in the realistic sound. To ensure this it has a front, surround, and center speakers that are of high quality and can reproduce high definition audio. The subwoofer ensures that it creates a clean and crispy bass.
With Virtual CINEMA FRONT, you can enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound you get to experience high-quality sound by installing the surround speakers at the front. The Virtual CINEMA DSP reproduces a virtual 5-channel surround sound filled with realism, with only two front speakers.
You can play 4k videos on it without worrying about the degradation of sound quality. It also supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video and is compatible with 3D, Audio Return Channel, and CEC for easy operation.
- True 5.1 surround sound gives an authentic cinema hall like experience that enables you to get an immersive sound experience irrespective of where you place the speakers.
- The front, center, and satellite speakers together create an efficient sound quality.
- For better convenience, the speakers can be easily controlled using a remote controller which has all the necessary features and switches to control the system.
- If you are wondering about how it looks then let me tell you it has a brilliant and sharp looking finish and is available in black color.
If you are looking for the best multimedia speaker under Rs.10000 then Panasonic SC-HT40GW-K is the best option for you. You can now enjoy your music with Bluetooth wireless technology as well as stereo mini input. It is compatible with TV, PC, Laptop, DVD player, mobile, phones, tablets, and more
Talking about its design, it has a modern design with compact wall-mountable speakers for the best experience. The wooden cabinets with large size magnets enhance the bass effect and produce audio with great vocal clarity.
It comes with a remote control so that you can control everything from one place.
If you are on a budget but want a high bass speaker under Rs.10000 then you should go for it.
- To produce deep bass and treble the speakers are made with handcrafted wooden material that amplifies the sound.
- 80W RMS of Rich Bass amplifier helps you get a perfect balance between bass and amplified sound.
- If you want you can also mount it on the wall.
The JBL Bar 5.1 transforms from a soundbar into a wireless 5.1 home theater system to give you an epic movie and music-listening experience.
The powerful 10-inch bass module is an add on to the system which would keep your heart thumping. With Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, and DTS, your movies, music, and video games will sound more realistic. The soundbar features JBL SoundShift, which helps you to switch between the sound from your TV and the Bluetooth sound from your smartphone or tablet instantly in one step.
The wireless detachable speakers give you 10hrs of playtime, equipped with 510W of total system power, a 10” wireless subwoofer, three HDMI inputs to connect 4K devices, and Bluetooth. Also, it supports 4K connectivity with 3 HDMI In/ HDMI Out (ARC).
It also comes with remote control with which you can control everything with your existing TV remote control.
- JBL SoundShift allows you to switch the sound from your TV and the Bluetooth sound from your mobile phone or tablet instantly.
- It supports 10hrs of playtime so that you can play songs on it at a stretch.
- Control everything from one place with the TV remote.
I am sure you might have never heard of the F&D company but let me tell you, it produces one of the finest quality home theater system at a cheap price for Indian customers.
F&D F3800X has a 5.1 system that gives you a good theater-like experience at your home. It comes with 5 speakers of 1W of power output (30W RMS). These speakers have an f3-inch full-range driver.
The bass is taken care of by the 5.25-inch subwoofer. The bass unit also has a colored LED that gives it a party-like experience.
You can connect your smartphones and tablets to it via Bluetooth (A2DP), MP3 player, PC, TV, CD, and DVD.
Are you a fan of Radio? If yes then it comes with a digital FM that works on PLL technology and stores up to 100 FM stations.
- The LED lights light up in different patterns which looks amazing in dark. This unique feature is not available in many home theatre systems.
- F&D F3800X 5.1 Speaker System supports more than 100 radio stations in it.
- You can use a remote to control it from anywhere in your house.
- It supports USB and SD cards so that you can store data and transfer data easily.
Sony HT-IV300 comes with a powerful 1024 W output that will provide you with cinematic sound experience in your house at a budget-friendly price. It has a lot of basic and important features which can also be seen in high-end devices.
This home theatre is equipped with NFC one-touch, Bluetooth, and HDMI ports that allow you to connect your home theatre to your TV or smartphone and watch your favorite movies in the theatre like sound environment or listen to songs.
The stylish design of this product will grab a lot of eyeballs from your friends. It has multi-angled speakers that you can place in any possible manner. It is very compact in design and can occupy about 40% less space as compared to other home theatre systems.
- The speakers operate on 1000 watts of power which enables them to deliver an absolutely brilliant sound quality which will fill up the room.
- With NFC One Touch and Bluetooth Listening, it allows you to connect your smartphone or tablet with the speakers and control them remotely from anywhere you like.
- S-Master Digital Amplifier is Sony’s in-house amplifier that helps to amplify the sound produced by the speakers. It also has the Audio+ feature which makes sure your ears receive clear sound.
The Sony HT-RT40 5.1 is one of the best and value for money 5.1 channel home theater home system in India that gives you an awesome sound experience. Sony not only makes premium products but it also produces good quality audio output at a budget-friendly price and Sony HT-RT40 is one of them.
The overall design of the entire home theater system is sleek and compact. It is easy to set up and with 3 speaker cable, it looks neat in your home.
It has 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital Sound that will give you a satisfactory theatre-like experience. The sound quality is clean and will let you experience every thrill and chill of the movie.
IT supports all the major connectivity options such as HDMI, Bluetooth, and even NFC. So, you can connect it easily to your TV and shift to your phone in just a touch.
- It has brilliant Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to use the speaker and control it remotely.
- HT-RT40 has only 3 speaker cables that will help you to keep things neat and tidy.
- With Sony Music Center App you’ll have access to all your favorite tracks, whether they’re stored on your smartphone, USB, or any other online music services.
- It is powered by 600w Dolby digital sound which delivers a powerful sound irrespective of the size of your room without any decrease in the audio quality.
- With a built-in WiFi connection, you can easily connect it to the internet and stream your favorite music on your favorite platform.
Yamaha YHT-3072IN 4K Ultra HD Home Theatre System is a surround sound system with a stylish and curvy speaker design that looks good in any interior. The subwoofer of Yamaha YHT-3072 has an advanced YST II design that has a dynamic bass.
YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) feature in this home theater analyzes the room acoustics, and then it accurately sets various audio parameters to give the best sound for your room. All these features make it one of the best home theater systems to buy in India.
It is fully compatible with mobile wireless streaming, Bluetooth, NFC, and FM radio. The ECO mode will make sure it consumes low energy so that you don’t get a huge electricity bill.
- The YPAO (Yamaha Parametric room Acoustic Optimizer) feature analyzes your room acoustics and then precisely adjusts various audio parameters to provide the best sound for your room.
- The surround speakers and subwoofer perfectly match for smooth sound crossover. It provides a rich and expansive sound for both music and movies.
Home Theater System Buying Guide
Before purchasing a home theater you need to ask yourself what are you going to use it for?
Do you party a lot and call your friends to your house every weekend and are looking for a home theater system that can blast dance music?
Or are you a movie buff who likes to watch action movies on full volume?
Or you are a hardcore gamer and want to experience the battle scenes of the game in real life?
If you are going to watch movies or play music during parties on it then it is better to spend some more money and buy a top-class product but if you are going to use it for gaming then you should consider buying a surround system with fewer speakers.
The size of your room can be small or big and this will influence the type of surround system you will be purchasing.
If you have a small room then compact speakers will be better but if you have a big room then a full surround sound system is advisable.
According to the sound engineers a rectangle sized room is recommendable for a home theater setup. If you have a room that is at least 15 ft long, 12 ft wide, and 8 ft from the ceiling then you should consider buying one but if your room doesn’t fit under this recommendation then you can still purchase one but with the less number of speakers.
Surround Sound Effect
One of the biggest reasons that you are purchasing a home theater is that you want a theater-like experience in your living room. So you need to check how good the surround sound effect is before you purchase a home theater.
A 5.1 or 7.1 channel home theater system is best for big homes while a 2.1 or a 3.1 is best for small homes. In case you are wondering what does a 5.1 mean then let me explain to you:
A 5.1 home theater system has one center speaker, one left speaker, one right speaker, and two rear speakers on either side. The .1 represents the subwoofer, another important component of the home theatre system.
The bass is also an important factor to think before you purchase the home theater. If the Bass is not powerful enough, buying the system is just not worth it.
You should purchase the home theater that has a good enough subwoofer (the device responsible for the bass effect). While home theater system does offer a bass-boost feature while others don’t.
The power of a home theatre system is the measurement of how loud the sound of the speakers will be. But not every HTS mentions the power so you need to check somewhere (like youtube or read reviews) else to judge the loudness of the HTS. Always go for a 50-100W/ channel, it is quite excellent loudness for a home theatre system.
If you hate cables and wires then you should go for wireless audio systems which is a perfect solution for listening to songs and streaming movies.
But keep in mind that there are not a lot of HTS that offer wireless technology. The ones that do are too high on price and are not necessarily good in other aspects.
You should instead look for an HTS that has fewer cables and can be installed easily. This gives the whole set up a clean look and you are not caught up in wires when you want to move around the room or try to set the system up.
You can also easily connect your smartphone or laptop to a wireless HTS and listen to music.
The receiver is a box that directs individual video and audio signals to the right places and also provides power to the speakers.
Don’t make the mistake of purchasing the receiver with a lot of features that you won’t be using anyway in the future.
Even the cheap receivers provide you with a handful of features like 4K video compatibility and multiple no. of audio and video outputs.
Make sure that if you aren’t going to expand beyond 5.1 surround sound then don’t pay for the extra receiver which can turn your 5.1 surround system into 7.1, 9.2, or 11.1 surround sound.
Another important aspect of buying an HTS is how many features it provides for connecting it to other peripherals.
The HTS generally has an HDMI connectivity along with Bluetooth, USB, Ethernet, etc. Some of the best home theater systems in India also offer NFC connectivity and are Wifi enabled.
- HDMI Port- High Definition Multimedia Interface
Using an HDMI port, you can send the audio from the TV to speakers and soundbars. With this port, you can easily send and receive audio and video data. So always look for a device that has at least 3 HDMI input ports for connecting multiple devices.
- USB- Universal Serial Bus
The home theater system also has USB ports for connecting it to the laptops, smartphones, tablets, etc. Since USB 1.0 and USB 2.0 are outdated the currently running version is USB-3.0. It eliminates the need of having a docking station. By connecting via USB-port, you can listen to your favorite music, HD streaming videos, and play games.
Ethernet is actually a computer networking technology that uses the LAN-local area network. When a home theater system features an Ethernet option, it offers multiple options like online music, YouTube videos, gaming, etc.
If you really want to build an awesome home audio system, then there are some other accessories waiting for you down the lane.
The power supply which many people like to call it as clean power is very much useful for neutralizing voltage fluctuations, especially necessary for high-end speaker systems. Though it is debatable that some like to argue it affects the audio clarity.
Acoustic proofing is especially needed if you’re very serious in building a lossless and echo proof audio theatre at home.
It is bundled with soft cushions placed at appropriate positions to absorb the sound waves instead of reflecting back. Which means less muddying and lets you focus on the audio clarity.
Budget is something which won’t matter to most people but for others, it matters the most. It is better to buy the best home theater system which will give you the best sound experience instead of buying a cheap home audio system that has low sound quality and design.
It is not always necessary that the expensive products are always the best but if you have to experience the best sound quality you might have to spend a few bucks more than you are willing to.
What is a home theater system?
A home theater system is a combination of audio and video components that are used to recreate the cinematic experience at home. These home theater systems are categorized into 2 parts-
- Home Theater in a Box (HTIB) -It is packed with a multi-channel amplifier, wires, connecting cables, and remote control for easy installation and thereby generating great audio sound clarity.
- Home Theater PC (HTPC) – It is a computer which supports software application like audio, video, images, etc. for gaming and visuals.
How do wireless speakers get power?
Wireless speakers have an AC power cable that you need to plug into the AC power source and each of its speakers has a built-in wireless receiver that gets its channel signal from the base transmitter.
What does a home theater consist of?
A home theater system consists of a DVD or Blu-ray player, cables, TV player, sub-woofer with an amplifier, remote control, and a set of speakers.
Is home theater system wireless?
Earlier models had wired connectivity. But now, the home theater system comes with wireless technology which is very easy to connect to other devices. A wireless home theater system reduces the mess of wires and also makes the installation quick and easy.
How to connect home theater systems to TV?
The system should feature HDMI port (input and output) so that you can connect your Television or a PC to it. With the help of cable, directly connect the system to TV as you don’t need any extra connectors or components to the interface.
Do you need a receiver for home theater?
Audio and video receiver are the two main devices of any home theater system. They perform several operations like switching between audio and video, volume adjustment, effective signal transmission, etc. To enjoy the best and high-surround sound, you need to have a high-quality receiver.
What is meant by surround sound?
Surround sound is the USP (Unique Selling Point) of the home theater systems. It enhances the sound of a speaker to a great extent. To make it happen, the receiver first decodes the signal and then sends it to the speakers. Then speakers produce crisp, realistic-sound effects with deep bass.
What is the difference between 2.1 and 5.1 systems?
The 2.1 system uses 2 speakers in stereo modes and subwoofer for extra low-frequency range. And can be mounted on right and left the side of the television.
Whereas, 5.1 system is much better than 2.1 system because of the complex design and also uses 5 speakers to produce exceptional audio in the entire room.
Do all home theater systems connect via Bluetooth?
No not all home theater systems need to connect via Bluetooth. Only a wireless home theater system can allow you to connect your mobile phone to the HTS via Bluetooth.
While wired HTS need aux port to connect it to your phone or tablet.
If you have read this article, Top 10 Best Home Theater System in India 2020, till the very end then you now are aware of how to buy any home theater system and different home theaters available under different price categories and their specifications and features.
Each of the products that are listed here has been tested by us and therefore you can purchase any of them as per your need.
If the price is an issue then you can go for Sony DAV-TZ145 as it costs less than Rs.10000 and has all the premium features available in other high-end HTS.
If a price is not an issue for you then you can purchase Sony BDV-N9200W as it is one of the best home theater systems in India.
Hi there. My name is Saish and I am the owner of this blog. I am an aspiring web entrepreneur, tech geek, and an SEO enthusiast.