If you don’t want others to know what kind of apps are on your phone or want to keep a clean home screen then hiding apps is what you should do. In this tutorial, I will show you how to hide apps without rooting.
If you have already rooted your phone then you can simply delete any app irrespective of whether it is a system app or a third-party app but a lot of people prefer not to root their phone.
So here is how you can hide apps without rooting.
How to hide apps on android without rooting
This method will teach you how to hide any app on your android phone just by disabling it from your Android device’s Settings.
This will make sure that the app won’t appear on your phone’s home screen.
- Step 1: Go to Settings and choose the Apps tab.
- Step 2: It will show a list of all the apps installed on your phone. Now from that list choose any app you want to hide.
- Step 3: Now choose the “Disable” option and confirm it by agreeing on the pop-up box that appears on the screen.
A note to remember is that this method will only work on pre-installed apps such as a calculator, clock, etc. If you want to uninstall a third-party app then you can refer to the below methods.
If the option to Uninstall is present, you can always use that if you’re sure you won’t be using the app in the future. Force Stop will just stop the app if it has a running process but it will not remove it from menus or the home screen.
How to hide apps on android using launcher apps
You might have come across a lot of third-party apps that improve the UI of your phone. So here are two of the best launcher apps that you should use:
Go Launcher is another famous launcher app that doesn’t require any root permissions to hide the apps. It is very easy to use. To hide any apps follow the steps:
- Step 1: Download the GO Launcher app from android.
- Step 2: Now select GO Launcher as your default home screen app.
- Step 3: Now navigate to the app drawer of swipe down to up and select the Hide app option.
- Now choose the apps you want to hide and press Ok.
Although the GO Launcher hides the app it is still visible in the App section of the Settings.
Nova is one of the most popular launchers among android users. It has a lot of customization abilities.
You can hide any app in the Nova launcher but for that, you need to buy the Prime version of the app. Inside the free version, you can only change the name and icon of the app.
- Step 1: Install the Nova Launcher from the play store.
- Step 2: Restart your phone and use it as your home app.
- Step 3: Now to hide an app long press on the app and tap on Edit.
- Step 4: Now choose any name you want to give to the app. Make sure it is a common name and not something fancy that will catch unnecessary attention.
- Step 5: To change the icon tap on it and select Built-in to choose an app icon from those already existing on your phone.
- Step 6: Now tap on Done if you are done with your customization.
- Step 1: Install Nova Launcher Prime for google play store.
- Step 2: Restart your phone.
- Step 3: Now open the Nova app and select Settings.
- Step 4: Select App and widgets drawers.
- Step 5: Now scroll down to find Hide apps option.
- Step 6: Now choose as many apps you want to hide.
So these are different ways you can use to hide apps in your android phone without rooting.
If you have any doubts regarding any of the above method then do comment down below.
Hi there. My name is Saish K and I am the owner of this blog.