1.) Adobe Fill & Sign: Easy PDF Form Filler
2.) Xodo PDF Reader & Editor
It has an in-built file manager through which perform basic tasks such as rename, copy and move documents and folders.
You can even annotate your PDFs. Meaning you can work on a doc and share it with your friends or colleagues to view or edit with the help of Xodo Connect.
It doesn’t require any sign in.
You can convert your images into a PDF.
It easily scans a physical document to convert it into a PDF.
Supports full-screen mode for KitKat and above operating systems.
You can scroll through a single page, double page or even cover pages.
Supports full-text search with a detailed list of search results.
With image smoothing, images will look better.
When autosave is turned on it shows a warning to allow making a copy of the original file. For Samsung phones, it supports multiple views.
* The grid view shows the thumbnail previews of pdf.
* Easily access the last page of the previous uncompleted document.
* It supports English, Chinese, Italian and Polish.
* Annotations are auto synced to Dropbox and Google Drive.
* To minimize data usage only the changes are uploaded.
* Supports night mode for dark environments.
* Easily merge and split PDFs.
* Very well optimized for the stylus.
* No ads and in-app purchases.
* Complete PDF support and compatible with Adobe Acrobat and other PDF viewers supporting standard PDF annotations.
3.) KDAN PDF Reader – Scan、Edit & Share
KDAN PDF reader has more than 4.3 rating and more than 10 million downloads.
It can easily scan a physical document and convert it into a PDF document.
Supports vertical and horizontal scrolling.
You can even open password-protected Adobe PDF files.
Supports free-hand drawing and on long tap, a pop-up menu appears through which you can set up the color, style, opacity and brush size.
Export and backup PDF files and access and import files from local folders.
Supports continuous scan and import images using a camera or gallery.
Through batch processing, it can automatically process a series of images.
It includes all the basic annotation tools.
With PRO features you can:
* Full access to PDF Reader all versions, including mobile and desktop apps
* You can easily convert and fax documents online.
* Supports smart crop.
* Supports night reading mode for dark environments.
PRO version costs $59.99 and it provides 1 TB of Kdan cloud storage.
* Supports color and opacity adjustments.
* Hyperlinks can easily be highlighted.
* Supports 11 languages including Chinese, Spanish, French etc.
* Supports fast and stable rendering process.
* Annoying ads appear in the app and also when exiting the app.
4.) OfficeSuite – Office, PDF, Word Sheets Slides Note
OfficeSuite with a rating of 4.3 and more than 100 million downloads is much more than just a PDF editor.
It is highly compatible with various Microsoft formats such as DOC, DOCX, DOCM, XLS, XLSX, XLSM, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX, PPTM, PPSM.
You can view, create and edit documents just like your desktop application.
It can process and scan PDFs easily.
Supports text-to-speech file recognition.
With integrated spell checker you can spell check in more than 40 languages.
Available in 68 different languages.
For Android 7.0 and above operating systems, you can simultaneously work on two documents using split-screen mode with drag-and-drop support.
When working with PDFs digital signature and annotations are also supported.
It is integrated with File Commander for advanced synchronization and quick and easy access to both local and remote files.
With PRO version you can:
* Work with password protected files
* Export PDFs to Word, Excel, or ePub and convert any file to PDF
* Track changes with multiple authors support
* Cross-platform license for Windows, iOS, and Android.
Security features – work with password protected files
•Export PDFs to Word, Excel, or ePub and convert any file to PDF
•Track changes with multiple authors support
•Cross-platform license for Windows, iOS, and Android (OfficeSuite Personal license)
* You can save up to 5 GB of data into Officesuite cloud.
* Supports chat feature to communicate with your friends and colleagues.
* Effortlessly share your PDFs via cloud services like MobiSystems Drive, Box, DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Amazon Cloud Drive, as well as over email and Bluetooth.
* Supports annoying ads.
5.) Foxit MobilePDF – PDF Reader Editor
Foxit pdf reader has more than 1 million downloads and a 4.5 rating and one of the best free pdf editor apps for android.
With the Foxit editor, you can not only change the text but also format its font, spacing, size.
Whenever you write a new sentence it copies the previous custom settings.
For tablet users, you can view multiple documents.
It can annotate, stamp and sign documents.
It also performs basic tasks such as rename, moves, copies and deletes.
It also supports video and audio playing in PDFs.
Easily scan your physical documents and convert them into a PDF.
You can also work with protected pdf.
For shared documents, you can track who reads or edits your PDF document.
PDF documents can be shared via a link.
2D barcodes can be generated for Ultraforms- enabled PDF forms.
Easily save and synchronize your PDF files in G drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box and Foxit Drive.
Pdf documents can be shared between your computer and android via Wifi transfer.
The PRO version starts at $5.99 and offers:
* Protect PDF files with certificates, passwords, and Microsoft Information Protection(MIP)
* Create and combine PDF files
* Convert PDFs to Microsoft Office files, TXT, image, and HTML files
* Work on XFA forms
* Edit document properties
* Add/Edit text and image objects in PDF
* Insert audio or video to PDF
* Insert images as signatures during PDF sign
* Barcodes can be generated for Ultraforms.
* Work with protected files.
* It has a bit complex interface which makes it confusing for first-time users.
* It supports multiple views only for tablet users.
6.) PDF Reader for Android 2019
PDF reader has a 4.3 rating, 1 million plus downloads and works on 4.1 and above android operating systems.
Along with being a PDF reader it also can be used to edit PDFs.
You can use it to scan a physical document and turn it into a digital format via a PDF.
You can even view your pdf in vertical or horizontal mode.
You can bookmark all your important pdf for future purposes.
With the advanced search feature, you can easily find any pdf file or the content inside any pdf.
It also provides all the basic text formatting tools such as:
* Highlight text in PDF
* Copy PDF text,
any many more…
Sharing of pdf is quite easy as it supports sharing across various major platforms
* It supports night mode which helps in releasing strains on the eye.
* Supports digital signature.
* Supports annoying ads.
7.) Docs To Go™ Free Office Suite
Docs to go has more than 50 million downloads along with a 4.1 rating is another best free pdf editor apps for android.
It is less of pdf editor app and more of an office suite app.
It has a wide variety of features inside a 5.5 Mb app.
It stores all the files in one place so you don’t have to keep on searching them in different directories.
With its new update, you can view, edit, save, and sync with multiple cloud services such as Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, and Google Drive.
It is available in 15 languages.
It supports various pdf editing tools such as:
* Word wrap
* Auto rotate
* Advanced search operators
You can even open a password protected pdf.
If you wish to work on MS Office documents then you can work across different versions of the documents from version 97 and up till now.
* With its small size, it can perform various tasks.
* To transfer your files between your pc and android you require a PRO version.
* Its user interface won’t suit your branded phones.
* Supports ads.
9.) PDF Max – The #1 PDF Reader!
Although PDF max just has 3.6 rating at only 100,000 downloads it features are no shy of comparing it to other apps.
It supports 4.0 and above android operating systems.
It has a fast PDF rendering capability.
You can view multiple documents across multiple tabs.
With its advanced pdf text reflow, you can view your pdf without having to pan and zoom it constantly to adjust your screen.
With its annotating features you can:
* Highlight, underline, squiggle and strikeout
* Record and embed voice annotations
* Unlimited threaded comments.
* Stamp tool to insert Predefined, Standard Business Stamps & Custom Stamps
* Shape tools to draw Line, Arrow, Rectangle & Oval with intelligent snapping.
and many more.
Supports auto syncing with Dropbox, Box, OneDrive & Google Drive with offline support.
Supports auto and manual saving.
PDFs formatted in the app are of Adobe Acrobat standards.
* Supports PDF to text-to-speech.
* Friendly and easy to use interface.
* Free of in-app purchases.
* Pdf editing tools include insert, copy, cut, paste and delete pdf pages.
* Support AcroForms & Static XFA Forms.
* Supports annoying ads.
So this is the final list of best free pdf editor apps for android.
You can choose various apps according to your need.
Office suite is best not only for editing pdf but also to manage office apps like slides, sheets etc.
While if you require a small size app which includes office suite as well as pdf editor then Docs to Go is the best option.
Kdan pdf editor app is the best app for annotation purposes.